Friday, March 25, 2011

When



When it's over, it's over, and we don't know any of us, what happens then.
So I try not to miss anything.
I think, in my whole life, I have never missed the full moon
or the slipper of it's coming back.
Or, a kiss.
Well, yes, especially a kiss.



Just yesterday I was shopping in the food market store, wondering about so many different things, some of them worrisome.  Then I started looking around at what was there in front of me - bright large oranges, people with so very many interesting delicacies in their carts, and a baker decorating a cake.

If I could live with that presence all the time, then perhaps I would not have missed so much in my life - the neglected full moons as well as the chance to give and receive love. 

Mary's poems leads me to wonder...

Is life worth living if you aren't ready to kiss everything and everyone?

2 comments: