Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Worried



I worried a lot.  Will the garden grow, will the rivers
flow in the right direct, will the earth turn
as it was taught, and if not, how shall
I correct it?

Was I right or wrong...

Will I ever be able to sing...

Is my eyesight fading....

Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing
And give it up. And took my old body
and went out into the morning,
and sang.



I imagine that all over the world, minds awake with worry, often long before the sun rises and long before enough rest has been gained.  Just this morning I was up in the wee hours, thinking of final arrangements for my trip to Guyana. 

What I wonder is that beyond worrying there exist greater possibilites of what we could do with this day, and all our days.  First off - learn a new song and a new dance step.  Second, go outside and try to outcompete even the melodious thrasher who waltzes over the ground.  Third, repeat as necessary and as often as possible throughout day.

Let us join together and vow to drop one "worry" off our list, and replace it with praise.


How many days have you spent worrying about something, and have missed the chance for greater possibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment