Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yellow



There is the heaven we enter
through institutional grace
and there are the yellow finches bathing and singing
in the lowly puddle.



The evidence of grace is all around us.  Like me though, do you forget?  Perhaps then this is what I have most distilled from a year with Mary Oliver; My constant reading and reflecting of her poems has opened my heart a bit more to the beauty before me, even in the previously most mundane circumstances.

I smile to think of goldfinches, their sharply painted wings a blur with frenzied enjoyment.  This day, and all days, may I so also learn to smile at the fussiness of humans who blur their egos defending "the right way" with the grace of interdependence.  Through our smiles, may there then be singing as we bathe in the light of love in the institutions so designed to bring heaven to earth and her beings. 


Where might you smile today where before you judged?

No comments:

Post a Comment