Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where Are You?



Where Are You?
Do you know that the heart has a dungeon?
Bring light! Bring light!



In the Broadway musical, Simba sings in despair one long and dark night.

Where has the starlight gone?
Dark is the day
How can I find my way home?
 
Home is an empty dream
Lost to the night
Father, I feel so alone
 
You promised you'd be there
Whenever I needed you
Whenever I call your name
You're not anywhere
 
I'm trying to hold on
Just waiting to hear your voice
One word, just a word will do
To end this nightmare
 
When will the dawning break
Oh endless night
Sleepless I dream of the day
 
I know that the night must end
And that the sun will rise
And that the sun will rise
 
It is true.  Our hearts are a dungeon.
It is true.  Light will come.  
Come, let us dream of the light in each of us rising together.
 
How do you live both imprisoned and full of light?






1 comment:

  1. I figured as much as I used to build puma horses for westwood industries and all the workers weren't allowed breaks until we felt we were about to die. Then we would go smoke cigarettes which always seemed ironic.

    I live by flashes of each side real fast flip flop type showing of the good and the bad and then like a flip book those snap shots in and of time show pictures in motion more close copies of real life like pictures memories of a life lived.

    if only in my mind

    ReplyDelete