Monday, December 6, 2010

So Every Day




So every day
I was surrounded by the beautiful crying forth
of the ideas of God,

one of which was you.


What was God thinking when.....

Rainbow birds evolved to grace this world?
Rainbow birds attracted the attention of falcons to be eaten?
Rainbow birds attracted the attention of humans to be captured, owned, caged, traded, sold, sacrificed, loved, and prayed to?
The cultures that first beheld the birds went extinct?
Rainbow birds went extinct?

God is in bird, human, birth, hatching, death, and extinction. 

What was God thinking to bring about such madness?

What am I thinking?  No matter. I'm mad with love.

Where are you mad with love?

1 comment:

  1. I have not posted in awhile, but have done a lot of thinking while following along. I just had to say that I concur with Mary, What was God thinking? Then I also think it doesn't matter because I am mad with love of the life I see all around me. I have new hearing aids that I am getting used to. I am in love with the sounds being more clear and louder. The birds sound even more wonderful. Of course I just printed something and all the clatter made me think that my printer was broken. As I began thinking about whether I should try to get it fixed or just buy a new one, it dawned on me that it was just that I was hearing it as it has always been. All that clatter was normal.

    ReplyDelete