Sunday, June 2, 2013

If I Were


There are lots of ways to dance and to spin, sometimes it just starts my feet first then my entire body, I am spinning no one can see it but it is happening.  I am so glad to be alive, I am so glad to be loving and loved.  Even if I were close to the finish, even if I were at my final breath, I would be  here to take a stand, bereft of such astonishments, but for them.

If I were a Sufi for sure I would be one of the spinning kind.





Though we can't see it, we all spin, for we twirl as the earth dances it's daily rhythm and its yearly cycle around the sun.  If that's not astonishing enough. I don't know what is. Okay, maybe this - the human capacity to be loving and loved.  Now that is a force to be reckoned with, along with the other great forces of the universe:  centripetal, centrifugal, and gravity. Without all these forces we would lose our center and our grounding. Without them we would also lose the ability to fly off from the center to know something other than our more intimate circles. 


I'm glad we are of the spinning kind.



2 comments:

  1. African grey parrots are very loyal and affectionate pet birds. The African grey parrot also called Congo grey parrot is a medium size pet bird native to the equatorial regions of Africa. If you are interested in getting one or are you located in Australia and you are looking for African grey parrot for sale, African grey parrots for sale Melbourne then you are in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, are you into agriculture or live animals for farming and you dont know where you can find the right cattles, then today is your lucky day. We have with us a wide selection of healthy pigs for sale and also live cattle for sale, cattles for sale South Africa

    ReplyDelete